We are leading independent strategic technology communications, looking for a talented B2B and corporate comms Senior account executive or newly promoted Account manager to join their successful media and communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across top tier accounts, spanning the technology industries, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Human Resource and Financial Services. Your role will include working on campaigns, media relations, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
The ideal candidate will have two to three years’ relevant PR experience working in a communications agency at senior account level or entry level Account manager, or at a similar level for an in-house communications team. You will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms, including broadcast, print and digital.
You will be expected to support on social media and digital activity, including content creation, engagement on social networks, and use of multimedia channels for effective campaigning.
- Assistance with day-to-day client management, reporting into the Account Manager
- Collaborate with team to build and carry out PR strategies
- Constantly create new angles and draft messaging for press releases
- Research appropriate media contacts for each story and build customized lists
- Execute pitches with reporters and publications
- Map events and speaking engagements to secure opportunities for clients
- Assist in developing thought leadership pieces
- Monitor for coverage and build regular reports sharing results
- Create content for Cryptoland’s content channels: social media and blog
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Keep up to date with industry trends on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
Ideal skills required:
- An excellent writer who can write in a number of different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
- Positive, with a can-do attitude and interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
- A creative thinker when it comes to selling in stories to the media;
- Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience with photo/video editing;
- Experience producing podcasts;
- Understanding of UK politics / the policy environment
Whats on offer?
Opportunity to work in consultancy.
The scope to work in projects involving classic media relation as well as reputation and crisis management, campaigns led initiatives and digital communications.
Generous benefits package including pension and 25 days holiday.
If this sounds like your ideal role, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, simply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com